Thursday, February 3, 2011

Four "A"s Text Protocol

adapted from Judith Gray, Seattle, WA 2005

One of my professors introduced this method of attacking text a few weeks ago. It has helped me tremendously in terms of how I approach and interact with the selections I'm asked to read. I feel like it also prepares me to better contribute to discussions. That, by itself, is huge because I'm usually one to be timid in class, especially when I'm intimidated by my classmates. In the case of what we were given (the handout says that we can add out own As), we looked at

**Author's assumptions,
**Where I agree with the author,
**What I want to argue with, and
**The parts of the text I aspire to.

My hope is, and my reason for writing this here, that I'll remember this strategy and continue to apply it to my reading.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment